Monday, March 22, 2010

Purple for Women's History Month

"I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it"
~Alice Walker

This is Massini Studio M- Sweet Dreams, I love this color. I forgot how much I like purple till I swatched these two new polishes. So I figured in honor of Women's History Month I'd share some of my favorite quotes that have the word purple and were written by women. Alice Walker wrote The Color Purple and won a Pulitzer Prize. Jenny Joesph wrote the poem Warning, I will post below, that inspired the Red Hat Club to form. I love her message, it makes me look forward to my good old days as a crone.
This next polish is Massini Studio M- Frenzy it is awesome and I think its my new favorite but I'm trying to make sure all my polish feels equally loved. I applied Massini Studio M-Magic Attraction over it on the ring finger. Can you believe that is only one coat?! I love Studio M glitters!



WARNING
When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick the flowers in other people's gardens . . .
~Jenny Joesph




Random fact: 
My favorite flowers are lilacs (also purple) and they were once thought to ward off evil. 
They were planted to protect fields and people  from misfortune.


No comments:

Post a Comment